Sezane Fall 24 Collection Try On & Review

 

Sezane Fall 24 Collection Try On & Review

( SEE NEW FASHION )-- Sezane Fall 24 Collection Try On & Review. After sharing my favorites from the new Sézane Fall 24 Collection, today I'm diving into a review of the pieces I ended up adding to my cart. 


If you've been eyeing any of these items, I hope this post provides some helpful insights. I've included detailed photos both front and back along with measurements for each piece. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask in the comments


Sezane Fall 24 Collection Try On & Review

Sezane Fall 24 Collection Try On & Review

01: Sezane Farel Jacket Review

Despite my already disproportionate collection of jackets, the Farel Jacket from Sezane managed to be the real star of my latest order. Originally, I had intended to purchase it in the gorgeous olive check. When I discovered that the fabric was a poly/wool blend versus the 100% wool I had assumed, though, I ordered the ecru version instead. Admittedly, I had eyed this jacket even before the Fall collection dropped, considering it was made up of 95% cotton and 5% elastane-a composition that appealed more to me. It is a good reminder to always check out the fabric details, as they vary between color options.


One thing that really surprised me when wearing the Farel Jacket was just how warm it is. It's moderately padded, so there's some clear structure and light rigidity to it. For that reason, it's not great for more heavily layering into-thick or chunky sweaters underneath-unless you size up, in which case it would accommodate a little more in the sleeves. My biggest thought here is how I can make the most of it, but over lighter layers, it's great.


The jacket fastens down the front with snaps. Personally, I like these because they go in and really blend in with the color of the jacket and help in securing the pockets, too. On the whole, it is a beautifully crafted piece. In particular, I like the length: it is a bit longer and skims over the hips, covering my widest point comfortably.


Wearing size AU8/US4. The measurements are 51 cm from underarm to underarm (armhole opening is 21 cm when laid flat at the seam) and 74 cm in length.

Wearing size AU8/US4. The measurements are 51 cm from underarm to underarm (armhole opening is 21 cm when laid flat at the seam) and 74 cm in length.

Wearing size AU8/US4. The measurements are 51 cm from underarm to underarm (armhole opening is 21 cm when laid flat at the seam) and 74 cm in length.

02: Sezane Tomi Vest


One of the things I've ruled out from purchasing from Sezane is knitwear made from a polyamide blend. Ones I have bought in the past haven't been very impressive. While they are great for the first several months, after that, they begin to deteriorate. For the price of Sezane, the product should be better, and honestly, I don't think adding the polyamide is necessary. Meaning, no matter how much I love any design, if it's made from a synthetic blend, I'm out because any time in the past I've ever made an exception, I have regretted the decision.

On a plus note, this preference has saved me some money in that respect, considering that about 75% of Sezane's knitwear is a blend of baby kid mohair and polyamide.

That's why, when I heard that, for Fall 2024, Sezane was releasing a number of pieces in 100% yak wool, my heart skipped a beat. The first thing that really leapt out at me was the Tomi Jumper in soft vintage blue-absolutely show-stopping and now available as a sweater version.

I really love vests like this for their layering potential, and it was those thoughtful design details that really won me over: the cable pattern down the center, the thick double collar, and the ribbed trim. It's just those little things that take what is essentially a plain piece and make it special.

I did size up for this vest, but now I can see how that wasn't necessary at all. The fit is truly relaxed. In this design, I would recommend ordering your usual size.

In texture, it's quite like Sezane's merino wool pieces: Soft with some texture, but at all itchy in my opinion.

The size is Medium, measuring 50 cm across the chest (underarm to underarm) and 54 cm in length.

The size is Medium, measuring 50 cm across the chest (underarm to underarm) and 54 cm in length.

The size is Medium, measuring 50 cm across the chest (underarm to underarm) and 54 cm in length.

03: Sézane Mélanie Pumps

It mostly astonishes me how repeatedly similar my style and taste have stayed over the past two decades. While flicking through the Sézane lookbook, I was immediately struck by the Mélanie Pumps, and on catching sight that they came in silver, I very quickly transferred them to my shopping cart. The silver shoe seemed to be something I wanted to add into my repertoire for a while, and I wasn't quite sure if this-the low pump with an ankle strap-would be the perfect fit.

Anyway, when I unpacked them, I was immediately put in mind of the Valentino Tango Pumps, probably one of the most worn shoes from about nine years ago. Tango Pumps run narrow, so I am glad to report that if you have always coveted that style, these may be a fabulous alternative. My feet are wide, and these pumps felt incredibly comfortable right out of the box-no pinching or tightness. As for the size, I went with my usual: US 9-I am typically an EU 40.

The leather is somewhat pliable, though it has a good weight to it and feels quite sturdy. I really love the low block heel-perfect for easy walking. If there's one modification I'd love to see, it would be a detachable ankle strap. It would be so much fun to swap out the leather strap for a pearl, chain, or beaded bracelet just to add a bit of personal flair-or to simply go without it.

Which brings me to my one reservation with this style of shoe. I'm slightly on the taller side at 172cm, but I have a longer torso, so one of my key styling strategies is to create visual length for my lower half. Shoes with ankle straps can break up the line of the leg, which can make them appear shorter. Because of that, I would probably style these pumps with a mini skirt to extend the leg or wear them with pants that cover the ankle strap to continue that length.


Wearing size US9. Fits true to size

The size is Medium, measuring 50 cm across the chest (underarm to underarm) and 54 cm in length.

The size is Medium, measuring 50 cm across the chest (underarm to underarm) and 54 cm in length.

The size is Medium, measuring 50 cm across the chest (underarm to underarm) and 54 cm in length.


04: Sézane Richie Jacket


I have been looking to try some new outerwear, and since seeing the Richie Jacket in powder pink, it just hasn't gotten out of my brain. The pink is such a fun spin, adding tension and some much-needed irony to an outfit, but classic khaki green is really more up my alley.

The jacket is made from nylon—basically a synthetic polyester—but the fabric feels remarkably thick and substantial. It has an oversized silhouette that I love, particularly the longer-line length that nicely cocoons below the hips. I opted to size up to an AU10/US6, which might have added a bit of extra length, but my goal was for it to fall below the hip. It is an intentionally oversized piece of clothing, and it does feel quite broad across the chest; this feeling is heightened by the structured nature of the nylon.

It feels pretty heavily padded-the extra filling does a lot for its upmarket look and feel-and the ribbed trim around the neckline adds another layer of something that I am quite fond of. I would tend to recommend you stick with your standard size, since the fit is generous enough as it is.

Wearing size AU10/US6. Measures 62cm underarm to underarm and 75cm long

Wearing size AU10/US6. Measures 62cm underarm to underarm and 75cm long

Wearing size AU10/US6. Measures 62cm underarm to underarm and 75cm long

05: Sezane Eloane Skirt


The Eloane Skirt topped my list in the Fall Collection-even with apprehension as to its fit. I am pearshaped, meaning my hips are much wider compared to my waist. Because of this, it is hard to find a properly fitted skirt: the rigid cuts normally end up being too tight around the hips and too loose around your waist.

So, you can imagine my delight when I zipped up the Eloane Skirt, and the sizing was spot on. I opted for my usual AU8, and it would appear from the measurements that it's a bit more generously cut. If you're a smaller AU8 with narrow hips, you may want to consider sizing down.

I really am loving the brocade fabric, the split detail, and of course, the rich leopard print pattern. The skirt is fully lined, lending further to its elevated and special feel. It's literally a 10/10 with no reservations.

Wearing size AU8/US4. Measures 35 across the waistband laid flat, 48cm across hip laid flat, and 76cm long (split starts 35cm down from the waistband)

Wearing size AU8/US4. Measures 35 across the waistband laid flat, 48cm across hip laid flat, and 76cm long (split starts 35cm down from the waistband)

Wearing size AU8/US4. Measures 35 across the waistband laid flat, 48cm across hip laid flat, and 76cm long (split starts 35cm down from the waistband)

Wearing size AU8/US4. Measures 35 across the waistband laid flat, 48cm across hip laid flat, and 76cm long (split starts 35cm down from the waistband)

06: Sézane Michele Blazer


The final jacket I ordered was the Michele Blazer. Although I had tried this style before, I never quite found the right fabric and color combination. With my old Everlane blazer becoming too small, I was excited to see the Michele Blazer released in charcoal grey wool for Fall. I hoped it might be a good match for a pair of wool trousers I bought last year from Facade Pattern (spoiler: it wasn’t).

Upon unboxing, I immediately noticed the wool’s heavy texture. It has a rough, tweedy quality that often reminds me of preppy collegiate styles. This wasn’t quite the drape I had in mind; I had hoped for something with a bit more fluidity. It’s tricky to gauge these details from just a few photos.

One standout feature of the Michele Blazer is its satin lining adorned with polka dots, which adds a special and premium touch. The blazer strikes a balance between relaxed and not overly oversized—essentially the Goldilocks of boyfriend blazers (which is why I’ve revisited it multiple times!).

Regarding its structure, the blazer maintains its shape well and would be ideal for those in colder climates. It also features tortoise buttons, adding a vintage charm that Sézane often includes in their jackets and knitwear.

The quality is impeccable, but since I was looking for something very specific, I’ll continue my search. The blazer fits true to size, so if you prefer a slightly relaxed fit, stick with your usual size.

Wearing size AU8/US4. Measures 49cm underarm to underarm and 72cm long

Wearing size AU8/US4. Measures 49cm underarm to underarm and 72cm long

Wearing size AU8/US4. Measures 49cm underarm to underarm and 72cm long

07: Sezane Aldo Trousers


Wrapping up my Sezane Fall Collection 24 Try-On with a real showstopper: the Aldo Trousers. Okay, this collection really stole my heart with the pairing of camel and red, and these trousers are exactly why. They boast a high-waist style with a relaxed fit through the leg for style and comfort.

Nice touch: the belt detail allows you to adjust the waist for a more tailored look. I would have liked to see a metal buckle instead of the resin/perspex used here for extra durability, but it's still practical enough. The pin tuck pleat down the center adds a nice bit of sophistication, while the wool-blend fabric is weighty and luxurious.

Trousers are for tall people, and for me to get the perfect fitting, I'll have to get about inches tailored off. Great to wear in colder countries; this wool blend is very thick but not itchy-feeling at all. Unlined, yet they should keep you warm throughout autumn, and during winter-if temperatures are considerably low-you would be able to wear thermal leggings underneath.

Stick to your usual size to make sure there's enough room at the waistband for layering a thicker knit underneath.

Waist and hip flat measurements: Waist is 35cm, hip is 52cm for AU8/US4. Rise is 33cm and inside leg is 81.5cm. Total length is 113cm.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post